Nadya G. Gurskaya
June 18, 1969, Moscow, Russia (USSR)
Shemyakin and Ovchinnikov Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry,
117871, Moscow, Russia;
tel: 7(495) 429-80-20
fax: 7(495) 330-70-56
Research scientist, Shemyakin and Ovchinnikov Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia. Laboratory of Molecular Technologies (prev. Laboratory of Genes for Regeneration).
1987-1992 M.Sc. Biochemistry, Moscow State University, Biology Faculty, Virology Department, Moscow State University (Moscow, Russia)
M.Sc. thesis: Search and cloning of antigenic determinants of GAG protein HIV2 and their expression in E. coli.
The work was fulfilled in Laboratory of Structure and Function of Human Genes headed by Prof. E.D. Sverdlov.
Supervisor was Dr. Michael V. Mikhailov, Shemyakin Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia.
1990-1992 Research assistant. Shemyakin and Ovchinnikov Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia. Laboratory of Structure and Function of Human Genes headed by Prof. E.D. Sverdlov. Supervisor was Dr. M.V. Mikhailov.
Area of expertise: molecular cloning, construction of the plasmid vectors for cloning.
1992-1995 Junior scientist. Laboratory of Structure and Function of Human Genes headed by Prof. E.D. Sverdlov.
Area of research: PCR-based strategies for searching of differentially expressed genes (cDNA subtraction ). Other applications of the effect of selective suppression of PCR for cloning of full-length cDNA(RACE), in vitro cloning of molecules. Supervisor Dr. Sergey A. Lukyanov.
Ph.D. thesis: New method of highly efficient cDNA subtraction (SSH), based on the effect of selective suppression of PCR.
March 12, 1997. Supervisor - Dr. Sergey A. Lukyanov. Laboratory of Structure and Function of Human Genes headed by Prof. E.D. Sverdlov.
1998 - until present Research Scientist. Laboratory of Molecular Technologies (prev. Laboratory of Genes for Regeneration) headed by Dr. S.A. Lukyanov. Shemyakin Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia.
Areas of research: analysis of gene expression in regeneration, genome walking of planaria lectins genes and analysis of their promoter structure.
1999 until present involve in study of different GFP like proteins. Mutagenesis of proteins, color transitions, improvement of protein folding and brightness. Gene searching of new GFP like proteins from different organisms.
- Cox LJ, Hengst U, Gurskaya NG, Lukyanov KA, Jaffrey SR.
Intra-axonal translation and retrograde trafficking of CREB promotes neuronal survival.
Nat Cell Biol. 2008 Feb;10(2):149-59
- Lukyanov S, Lukyanov K, Gurskaya N, Bogdanova E, Buzdin A.
Selective suppression of polymerase chain reaction and its most popular applications.
In: Nucleic Acids Hybridization:
Buzdin, Anton; Lukyanov, Sergey (Eds.)
Hardcover, 2007; 29-51 ISBN: 978-1-4020-6039-7
- Zhang L, Gurskaya NG, Merzlyak EM, Staroverov DB, Mudrik NN, Samarkina ON, Vinokurov LM, Lukyanov S, Lukyanov KA.
Method for real-time monitoring of protein degradation at the single cell level.
Biotechniques. 2007 Apr;42(4):446, 448, 450
- Gurskaya NG, Verkhusha VV, Shcheglov AS, Staroverov DB, Chepurnykh TV, Fradkov AF, Lukyanov S, Lukyanov KA.
Engineering of a monomeric green-to-red photoactivatable fluorescent protein induced by blue light.
Nat Biotechnol. 2006 Apr;24(4):461-5
- Shkrob MA, Yanushevich YG, Chudakov DM, Gurskaya NG, Labas YA, Poponov SY, Mudrik NN, Lukyanov S, Lukyanov KA.
Far-red fluorescent proteins evolved from a blue chromoprotein from Actinia equina.
Biochem J. 2005 Dec 15;392(Pt 3):649-54
- Yanushevich YG, Shagin DA, Fradkov AF, Shakhbazov KS, Barsova EV, Gurskaya NG, Labas YA, Matz MV, Lukyanov KA, Lukyanov SA.
Spectral diversity among the members of the family of Green Fluorescent Protein in hydroid jellyfish (Cnidaria, Hydrozoa).
Bioorg Khim. 2005 Jan-Feb;31(1):49-53 (in Russian)
- Verkhusha VV, Chudakov DM, Gurskaya NG, Lukyanov S, Lukyanov KA.
Common pathway for the red chromophore formation in fluorescent proteins and chromoproteins.
Chem Biol. 2004;11(6):845-54
- Bogdanova EA, Barsova EV, Pounkova NI, Britanova OV, Shagin DA, Gurskaya NG, Usman NIu, Lukyanov SA.
A family of genes of multidomain free lectins from a planarian: structure, expression, and use as markers for regeneration monitoring.
Bioorg Khim. 2004 Nov-Dec;30(6):626-37 (in Russian)
- Bulina ME, Lukyanov KA, Yampolsky IV, Chudakov DM, Staroverov DB, Shcheglov AS, Gurskaya NG, Lukyanov S.
New class of blue animal pigments based on Frizzled and Kringle protein domains.
J Biol Chem. 2004 Oct 15;279(42):43367-70
- Pakhomov AA, Martynova NY, Gurskaya NG, Balashova TA, Martynov VI.
Photoconversion of the chromophore of a fluorescent protein from Dendronephthya sp.
Biochemistry (Mosc). 2004 Aug;69(8):901-8
- Martynov VI, Maksimov BI, Martynova NY, Pakhomov AA, Gurskaya NG, Lukyanov SA.
A purple-blue chromoprotein from Goniopora tenuidens belongs to the DsRed subfamily of GFP-like proteins.
J Biol Chem. 2003 Nov 21;278(47):46288-92
- Yanushevich YG, Gurskaya NG, Staroverov DB, Lukyanov SA, Lukyanov KA.
A natural fluorescent protein that changes its fluorescence during maturation.
Bioorg Khim. 2003 Jul-Aug;29(4):356-60 (in Russian)
- Gurskaya NG, Fradkov AF, Pounkova NI, Staroverov DB, Bulina ME, Yanushevich YG, Labas YA, Lukyanov S, Lukyanov KA.
A colourless green fluorescent protein homologue from the non-fluorescent hydromedusa Aequorea coerulescens and its fluorescent mutants.
Biochem J. 2003 Jul 15;373(Pt 2):403-8
- Shagin DA, Barsova EV, Bogdanova E, Britanova OV, Gurskaya N, Lukyanov KA, Matz MV, Pounkova NI, Usman NY, Kopantzev EP, Salo E, Lukyanov SA.
Identification and characterization of a new family of C-type lectin-like genes from planaria Girardia tigrina.
Glycobiology. 2002 Aug;12(8):463-72
- Yanushevich YG, Bulina ME, Gurskaya NG, Savitskii AP, Lukyanov KA.
Key amino acid residues responsible for the color of green and yellow fluorescent proteins from the coral polyp Zoanthus.
Bioorg Khim. 2002 Jul-Aug;28(4):303-7 (in Russian)
- Labas YA, Gurskaya NG, Yanushevich YG, Fradkov AF, Lukyanov KA, Lukyanov SA, Matz MV.
Diversity and evolution of the green fluorescent protein family.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002 Apr 2;99(7):4256-61
- Yanushevich YG, Staroverov DB, Savitsky AP, Fradkov AF, Gurskaya NG, Bulina ME, Lukyanov KA, Lukyanov SA.
A strategy for the generation of non-aggregating mutants of Anthozoa fluorescent proteins.
FEBS Lett. 2002 Jan 30;511(1-3):11-4
- Gurskaya NG, Savitsky AP, Yanushevich YG, Lukyanov SA, Lukyanov KA.
Color transitions in coral's fluorescent proteins by site-directed mutagenesis.
BMC Biochem. 2001;2:6
- Gurskaya NG, Fradkov AF, Terskikh A, Matz MV, Labas YA, Martynov VI, Yanushevich YG, Lukyanov KA, Lukyanov SA.
GFP-like chromoproteins as a source of far-red fluorescent proteins.
FEBS Lett. 2001 Oct 19;507(1):16-20
- Rebrikov DV, Britanova OV, Gurskaya NG, Lukyanov KA, Tarabykin VS, Lukyanov SA.
Mirror orientation selection (MOS): a method for eliminating false positive clones from libraries generated by suppression subtractive hybridization.
Nucleic Acids Res. 2000 Oct 15;28(20):E90
- Lukyanov KA, Fradkov AF, Gurskaya NG, Matz MV, Labas YA, Savitsky AP, Markelov ML, Zaraisky AG, Zhao X, Fang Y, Tan W, Lukyanov SA.
Natural animal coloration can be determined by a nonfluorescent green fluorescent protein homolog.
J Biol Chem. 2000 Aug 25;275(34):25879-82
- Lukyanov KA, Gurskaya NG, Bogdanova EA, Lukyanov SA.
Selective suppression of polymerase chain reaction.
Bioorg Khim. 1999 Mar;25(3):163-70 (in Russian)
- Lukyanov KA, Gurskaya NG, Matz MV, Khaspekov GL, Diatchenko LB, Chenchik AA, Il'evich-Stuchkov SG, Lukyanov SA.
A method for obtaining the normalized cDNA libraries based on the effect of suppression of polymerase chain reaction.
Bioorg Khim. 1996 Sep;22(9):686-90 (in Russian)
- Gurskaya NG, Diatchenko L, Chenchik A, Siebert PD, Khaspekov GL, Lukyanov KA, Wagner LL, Ermolaeva OD, Lukyanov SA, Sverdlov ED.
Equalizing cDNA subtraction based on selective suppression of polymerase chain reaction: cloning of Jurkat cell transcripts induced by phytohemaglutinin and phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate.
Anal Biochem. 1996 Aug 15;240(1):90-7
- Gurskaya NG, Shagin DA, Lukyanov KA, Wagner LL, Shtutman MS, Musatkina EA, Moinova EV, Tatosian AG, Lukyanov SA, Sverdlov ED.
Cloning cDNA for the ha-SDGF gene from a Syrian hamster cell line with increased metastatic potential using subtractive hybridization.
Bioorg Khim. 1996 Jun;22(6):425-31 (in Russian)
- Diatchenko L, Lau YF, Campbell AP, Chenchik A, Moqadam F, Huang B, Lukyanov S, Lukyanov K, Gurskaya N, Sverdlov ED, Siebert PD.
Suppression subtractive hybridization: a method for generating differentially regulated or tissue-specific cDNA probes and libraries.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996 Jun 11;93(12):6025-30
- Lukyanov KA, Matz MV, Bogdanova EA, Gurskaya NG, Lukyanov SA.
Molecule by molecule PCR amplification of complex DNA mixtures for direct sequencing: an approach to in vitro cloning.
Nucleic Acids Res. 1996 Jun 1;24(11):2194-5
- Lukyanov KA, Gurskaya NG, Kopantsev EP, Lukyanov SA.
Selective amplification of evolutionally conserved expressed sequences.
Bioorg Khim. 1996 Jan;22(1):48-53 (in Russian)
- Lukyanov S, Gurskaya NG, Lukyanov K, Tarabykin VS, Sverdlov ED.
Highly efficient subtractive hybridisation of cDNA.
Bioorg Khim. 1994;20:701-4 (in Russian)