New rigid nicotine analogues are potent ligands of nicotinic receptors
Malfunctioning of nicotinic acetylcholine receptors (nAChRs) is observed in various mental and neurodegenerative diseases, therefore, the search and design of nAChR ligands is of particular interest. Researchers from the Department of Molecular Neuroimmune Signalling of IBCH, Russian Academy of Sciences in collaboration with colleagues from the University of Florence (Italy) designed new nicotine analogues and revealed their high affinity for α4β2 and α7 nAChRs using radioligand binding assay. In the electrophysiological and calcium imaging experiments some selected compounds showed α7 and α3β2 agonistic properties, while on the α4β2, compounds 1a and 2a behaved as antagonists. Results of the study are published in Journal of Medicinal Chemistry.
- Peptides encoded by short open reading frames regulate plant growth and development
All genomes contain millions of short open reading frames (<100 codons) that are discarded during genome annotation. Recently, it has been shown that peptides encoded by short open reading frames can perform many important functions in animal cells.
- The secret of fireworm is out: molecular basis of Odontosyllis bioluminescence
Researchers discovered the biomolecular mechanism of fireworm glow.
- Seminar by Prof. Ilya Vinnikov «The top-down strategy in deciphering the roles of microRNAs in the metabolic and neurodegenerative models»
Prof. Ilya Vinnikov from the Shanghai Jiao Tong University will deliver a lecture entitled «The top-down strategy in deciphering the roles of microRNAs in the metabolic and neurodegenerative models». Date and time: Tue 20 August 2019 14:00. Location: Conference hall at 5th floor BON IBCh.
- II Joint Life Sciences Forum: VI Russian Congress on Biochemistry and IX Russian Symposium «Proteins and Peptides»
Dear Colleagues! We are pleasure to invite you to participate the VI Russian Congress on Biochemistry, which will be held in Sochi, Russia (Dagomys Hotel) on October 1-6, 2019.
- Lecture by Prof. Yibo Wang «Drug Discovery Targeting Transmembrane Protein-Protein Interactions»
VIII.26 (This event is over)
Prof. Yibo Wang from the Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry will deliver a lecture entitled «Drug Discovery Targeting Transmembrane Protein-Protein Interactions». Date and time: Mon 26 August 2019 11:30. Location: Conference hall at 5th floor BON IBCh.
- 12th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE “BIOCATALYSIS.FUNDAMENTALS & APPLICATIONS” “BIOCATALYSIS-2019”
VI.24–28 (This event is over)
Dear colleagues, The Lomonosov Moscow State University and RAS institutes, including IBCH RAS, is planning to convene a traditional biannual 12 th International Conference "BIOCATALYSIS-2019" in June, 24–28, 2019. Conference will be convened on board a ship cruising via the route St. Petersburg – Valaam – Kizhi – St. Petersburg. More info is available at http://bc2019.org/.