In 1982 in front of the IBCh RAS was placed sculpture of valinomycin in complex with potassium ion which reminds us about fundamental meaning of depsipeptides, structure and action mechanism of which were examined in detail by scientists of IBCh under the direction of Yuri Ovchinnikov.
- The Dawn of Virtual Cell Biology
To fulfill systems biology’s promise of providing fundamental new insights will require the development of quantitative and predictive models of whole cells. In this issue, Karr et al. present the first integrated and dynamic computational model of a bacterium that accounts for all of its components and their interactions.
- Russian Academy of Sciences Elections – 2011
Eugene Grishin and Sergei Lukyanov have been elected full members of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Receptor with “non-traditional” orientation
Receptor tyrosine kinases play a key role in regulation of cell proliferation and differentiation, as well as of cell migration and metabolism. Until now, it was thought that all ligands of these receptors are of protein or peptide nature. However, a recent study conducted by a group of IBCh RAS researchers led by Dr. Alexander Petrenko identified a receptor tyrosine kinase that works as a sensor of mildly alkaline media, i.e. it activates in response to increase in concentration of extracellular hydroxyl-anions. Notably, this receptor has previously been considered as orphan with its ligand not found.
- 15-th European Conference on the Spectroscopy of Biological Molecules (ECSBM): 25-30 Aug. 2013, Oxford (UK)
- IV International conference Biomaterials and Nanobiomaterials: Recent Advances Safety-Toxicology and Ecology Issues
V.5–12 (This event is over)
Russian-Hellenic workshop and School of Young Scientists. 5-12 May 2013. Heraklion, Crete-Greece.
- Seminar Dr. Roger New (UK) "New Frontiers in Per-Oral Protein Therapeutics and Drug Discovery"
IX.19.12 (This event is over)