In the IBCh RAS there is a small conservatory which is a subject pride of the Institute and its scientists. There are not only decorative, but such exotic plants as avocado, papaya, and pomegranate. Also there is very important for chemical institute plant Chlorophytum which is absorbing harmful chemicals from the air.
- Novel peptide chemistry in terrestrial animals: luciferin analogs from the bioluminescent earthworm Fridericia heliota
Research group from Institute of bioorganic chemistry (IBCh RAS, Moscow) in collaboration with scientists from Institute of biophysics (IBP SB RAS, Krasnoyarsk) presents new findings as part of the research project on earthworm bioluminescent system. Results published in Chemistry — A European Journal document structure elucidation of a set of natural analogs of Fridericia heliota luciferin .
- Liquid but Durable: Molecular Dynamics Explains Unique Character of Archaeal Biomembranes
Archaea, initially known as archaebacteria, mostly are extremophiles: they thrive environments of high temperature, pressure, salinity and acidity. Probably, “special path” of archaea was predestined by unique properties of their membranes, which significantly differ from bacterial and eukaryotic ones. In Laboratory of biomolecular modeling at IBCh, Russian Academy of Sciences, a computational study was conducted to discover relationship between chemical structure of archaeal lipids and physical properties of the membranes. The work was published in Scientific Reports.
- Ganglioside GD2 as a Key Tool Towards Novel Anti-Cancer Therapy
Besides proteins, glycosphingolipids and in particularly ganglioside GD2 can be treated as targets for anti-cancer therapy. It has been discovered that classic immune antitumor mechanisms are not exclusive (and probably are not the main) reasons of therapeutic activity of GD2-specific antibodies. In the study, carried out in the Group of molecular modulators of immunity in IBCh RAS, at the first time was proved unique property of ganglioside GD2 to activate “suicide” of tumor cells after it binding with GD2-specific antibodies. The project aimed to develop new anticancer drugs based on this study recently has received approval by the Skolkovo Foundation.
- Microscale Thermophoresis (MST) allows quantification of binding affinities of proteins, nucleic acids and small molecules as well as measurement of enzymatic activities.
XII.15–17.14 (This event is over)
December 17th, 2014, 10.00, IBCH RAS, Seminar room korp.33, floor 1 (NMR lab.)
- 7th Russian-Japanese Symposium “Molecular Simulation Studies in Material and Biological Sciences”
IX.21–22.14 (This event is over)
MSSMBS symposium is held in IBCh on September 22, 2014 (BON, 5th floor).
- International Conference on Laboratory animal science
IV.7 VI.1.14 (This event is over)
Rus-LASA and ICLAS joint Conference "Science-bases assessment of laboratory animal welfare" 17-19 November 2014, S. Petersburg, Russia