- Novel luciferin from Siberian bioluminescent worm
The structure of a novel luciferin was determined for the first time in the last 25 years as a result of collaboration between groups from IBCh RAS (Moscow) and IBP SB RAS (Krasnoyarsk) — results published in Angewandte Chemie IntEd.
- In silico prediction of transmembrane dimers for bitopic proteins
Laboratory of biomolecular modeling at Shemyakin-Ovchinnikov Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry (IBCh) for several years has been developing computational technique for theoretical assessment of dimerization modes for transmembrane (TM) domains of receptor tyrosine kinases. This dimerization represents an important molecular event in cell growth and differentiation. A (rather) simple prediction tool for possible configuration of TM-dimers is now available as a PREDDIMER web service: http://model.nmr.ru/preddimer.
- Endogenous Retroviral Insert Regulates Gene in Human Brain
Phenotypic traits of an organism are determined by the combination of protein coding sequences along with their regulatory elements, which generate tissue-specific expression profiles. In the recent research performed by two IBCh research groups, in collaboration with other Moscow institutes, it was described the impact of the human-specific endogenous retroviral insertion on regulation of expression of the gene important for proper CNS functioning. It was hypothesized that such interaction may have played a role in the human evolution by up-regulating the expression of this gene.
- International Conference on Laboratory animal science
IV.7 VI.1 (This event is over)
Rus-LASA and ICLAS joint Conference "Science-bases assessment of laboratory animal welfare" 17-19 November 2014, S. Petersburg, Russia
- 15-th European Conference on the Spectroscopy of Biological Molecules (ECSBM): 25-30 Aug. 2013, Oxford (UK)
V.8 VI.16.13 (This event is over)
- IV International conference Biomaterials and Nanobiomaterials: Recent Advances Safety-Toxicology and Ecology Issues
V.5–12.13 (This event is over)
Russian-Hellenic workshop and School of Young Scientists. 5-12 May 2013. Heraklion, Crete-Greece.