Research directions during the postgraduate studentship
Discovery, extraction, determination of structure and synthesis of biologically active matters of different classes: peptides, proteins, carbohydrates, lipids, low-molecular bioregulators. Research on molecular mechanisms of action of these compounds and reciprocal structure-function interrelation.
Molecular mechanisms of biomolecules’ recognition and signals transmission in biological systems, including researches of:
- molecular basis of active transport of ions across biological membranes;
- membrane proteins responsible to active transport and signaling, and their genes;
- molecular mechanisms of nerve conduction;
- principles of biomolecules’ folding;
- ways to targeted regulation of protein-substrate (peptide, carbohydrate, etc.) interaction.
Structure and functions of nucleic acids:
- structural research of human chromosome;
- synthesis of genes of biologically important proteins;
- study of genes which are in charge of early stages of organisms development.
Molecular and cellar basis of immunology and immunooncology:
- research of molecular and cellar basis of immune reaction’ propagation and forming of immunological memory;
- research of mechanism of immunomodulatory and anticancer activity of natural and synthetic compounds.
Fundamental and applied aspects of biotechnology:
- creation of strains that produce biologically important proteins and peptides;
- creation of transgenic animals and plants with certain properties;
- design of artificial vaccines;
- creation of producers of monoclonal antibodies for new diagnostic systems and medicines.
Molecular aspects of ecology:
- development of methods of analysis and purification of different objects from toxic substances and mutagens.