Laboratory of Plant Biotechnology
|Yaroslav Buryanov, D.Sc, professor||depart. email@example.com, |
|Natalia Zakharchenko, Ph.D.||s. r. firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Elena Rukavtsova, D.Sc||s. r. email@example.com, |
|Anna Lebedeva, Ph.D.||s. r. firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Taras Shevchuk, D.Sc||s. r. email@example.com|
|Olga Dyachenko, Ph.D.||r. firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Valeriya Alekseeva, Ph.D.||r. email@example.com|
|Svetlana Pigoleva, Ph.D.||r. firstname.lastname@example.org|
Resistance of bombinin-expressing plants to phytopathogens (2018-11-26)
Transgenic plants expressing artificial gene of an antimicrobial peptide bombinin have been produced and investigated. This plants were resistant to the Erwinia carotovora bacteria and Rhizoctonia solani fungi phytopathogens. Such plants expressing the small antimicrobial peptide gene are promising for new approach in plant protection agriculture technology.
- (2018). Gene expression of the antimicrobial peptide bombinin increases the resistance of trangenic tobacco plant to phytopathogens. APPL BIOCHEM MICRO+ 54 (7), 18–23
Biological activity of water extract of cecropin P1-expressing Kalanchoe plants (2017-11-27)
Water extract of constructed Kalanchoe pinnata plants expressing antimicrobial peptide cecropin P1 (cecP1) has been analyzed in the experiments on plants and animals. The extract has effectively induced rhizogenesis on callus culture of Mesembryanthemum crystallinum plants, difficult object for differentiation in vitro. High wound healing (Fig. 1) and and microbiocide activity of the cecP1-plant extract, better than efficiency of Cefazolin antibiotic against Staphylococcus aureus and Pseudomonas aeruginosa, causative agents of purulent infections (Fig. 2), and efficiency of Clotrimazolum antifungal drug against highly virulenr clinical isolate Candida albicans were found. These data demonstrate good prospects for use cecP1-kalanchoe plants in experimental biology and pharmaceutics.
- (2018). Biological Activity of Leaf Extracts from Cecropin P1-Synthesizing Kalanchoe Plants: Pharmacological Prospects. Russ J Plant Physiol 65 (1), 136–142
- (2017). Bactericide, immunomodulating, and wound healing properties of transgenic Kalanchoe pinnata synergize with antimicrobial peptide cecropin P1 in Vivo. J Immunol Res 2017, 4645701
- (2017). Immunomodulating and Revascularizing Activity of Kalanchoe pinnata Synergize with Fungicide Activity of Biogenic Peptide Cecropin P1. J Immunol Res 2017, 3940743
Obtaining of plants with increased expression of HBsAg as edible vaccine against hepatitis B (2016-03-18)
The new expression system created for increased synthesis of proteins in plants under the control of promoter 35S RNA of cauliflower mosaic virus (CaMV 35S) containing four enhancer sequences CaMV 35S and nontranslated leader sequence Ω RNA of tobacco mosaic virus. The immunogenicity of HBsAg synthesized by potato tubers was shown in experiments on mice. Increased synthesis of target proteins allows the use of transgenic plants as edible vaccine against the hepatitis B without additional injections of recombinant vaccine.
- (2015). Study of the immunogenicity of hepatitis B surface antigen synthesized in transgenic potato plants with increased biosafety. J Biotechnol 203, 84–88
- (2015). Новая экспрессионная система для повышенного синтеза антимикробного пептида цекропина Р1 в растениях. 62 (4), 571–578