Department of Biomolecular Chemistry
Head: Ilia Yampolsky
Groups in the department:
Department of Biomolecular Chemistry (headed by Ilia V. Yampolsky) was established in 2017.
Scientific focus of the Department is aimed to study the structural basis and chemical mechanisms of action of biologically active compounds using the examples of bioluminescence and antibiotics activity. The main feature of our research is to study biologically active compounds within the “complete cycle” from a molecule to a gene: isolation of low molecular components and their structure elucidation, synthesis of biologically active compounds and their functional analogues, investigation of mechanisms of their action, and, finally, isolation, purification, sequencing of proteins and cloning of genes, encoding them. So we investigate the mechanisms of functioning of biological molecules in a broad sense: biosynthesis of natural compounds (small molecules and proteins), chemical basis of their activity and work of genes and their regulation.
Within IBCh RAS:
- Laboratory of Biomolecular NMR-spectroscopy (Prof. Alexander S. Arseniev, Maxim Dubinnyi, Konstantin Mineev etc.)
- Laboratory of Biocatalysis (Prof. Alexander G. Gabibov, Ivan Smirnov)
- Laboratory of Biophotonics (Konstantin A. Lukyanov)
- Laboratory of Photobiology IBP SB RAS, Krasnoyarsk (Natalia Rodionova, Valentin Petushkov)
- Laboratory of Nanotechnology and Bioluminescence IBP SB RAS, Krasnoyarsk (Konstantin Purtov)
- Professor Cassius Stevani, Laboratory of Bioluminescence of Fungi (Institute of Chemistry, University of São Paulo, Brazil)
- Professor Yuichi Oba, Laboratory of Molecular Function Modeling (Nagoya University, Japan)
- Professor Minyong Li (Shandong University, China).
Russia, Moscow, Ul. Miklukho-Maklaya 16/10 On the map