- science news Relationship between phenolic compounds and antioxidant activity in berries and leaves of raspberry genotypes and their genotyping using SSR markers
In recent years, the enrichment of fruits and berries with biologically active substances, in particular, antioxidants has received increased development in breeding (the creation of functional food). Researchers from the Forest Biotechnology Group of the FIBCh, together with colleagues from other institutes, studied the content of total phenols, flavonoids and anthocyanins, their relationship with the antioxidant activity of berries and leaves of various raspberry cultivars of Russian and foreign origin, as well as new breeding lines.
- science news A Single Fluorescent Protein-Based Indicator with a Time-Resolved Fluorescence Readout for Precise pH Measurements in the Alkaline Range
The real-time monitoring of the intracellular pH in live cells with high precision represents an important methodological challenge. Although genetically encoded fluorescent indicators can be considered as a probe of choice for such measurements, they are hindered mostly by the inability to determine an absolute pH value and/or a narrow dynamic range of the signal, making them inefficient for recording the small pH changes that typically occur within cellular organelles.
- science news Longitudinal profiling of human peripheral blood B cell clonal repertoire: memory B cell persistence and signs of negative and positive selection at the BCR repertoire level
Persistence of B cell clones and fine-tuning of their BCRs allow them to respond effectively to repeated immune challenges. Researchers from the Genomics of adaptive immunity department of IBCH in collaboration with colleagues from IITP and Skoltech, performed long-term study of structure and dynamics of BCR repertoire of memory B cells and antibody-secreting cells from peripheral blood of healthy donors.
- science news A Uniquely Stable Trimeric Model of SARS-CoV-2 Spike Transmembrane Domain
Tools created at the Laboratory of Biomolecular Modelling IBCh RAS have been brought together into a computational framework to build a model of SARS-CoV-2 spike transmembrane domain (TMD).
- science news Impact of Exogenous Application of Potato Virus Y-Specific dsRNA on RNA Interference, Pattern-Triggered Immunity and Poly(ADP-ribose) Metabolism in Potato Plants
Methods for inhibition of viral infection induced by spraying plants with preparations of specific double-stranded RNAs (dsRNAs) are currently being actively developed. Researchers from the Laboratory of functional genomics and plant proteomics, the Laboratory of Molecular Diagnostics and the Laboratory of Molecular Bases of Plant Stress Resistance of the Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry RAS studied the contribution of potato plant treatment with dsRNA against potato virus Y (dsRNA-PVY) to two dsRNA-induced plant defense mechanisms: specific RNA interference (RNAi) and non-specific pattern-triggered immunity (PTI).
- science news SOX9 Protein in Pancreatic Cancer Regulates Multiple Cellular Networks in a Cell-Specific Manner
Pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma is one of the most lethal cancers worldwide. Sex-determining region Y-box protein 9 (SOX9) is upregulated in the majority of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma cases. It is hypothesized that the increased expression of pancreatic developmental factor SOX9 is necessary for the formation and maintenance of tumor phenotypes in pancreatic cancer cells.
- science news Therapeutic efficacy of antibody-drug conjugates targeting GD2-positive tumors
Both ganglioside GD2-specific immunotherapy and antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), as a class of targeted drugs, have demonstrated clinical success as solid tumor therapies in recent years, yet practically no research has been carried out on ADCs directed to ganglioside GD2. In a new study, scientists from the Department of immunology at IBCh RAS in collaboration with colleagues from other Russian institutes for the first time show that clinically relevant anti-GD2 antibody-drug conjugates manifest potent and highly selective cytotoxicity in a wide panel of cell lines with varying GD2 expression and strongly inhibit tumor growth in mouse models of GD2-positive solid cancer.
- science news Synthesis of New 5ʹ-Norcarbocyclic Aza/Deaza Purine Fleximers - Noncompetitive Inhibitors of E.coli Purine Nucleoside Phosphorylase
Scientists from the Laboratory of biosynthesis of physiologically active compounds and Laboratory of biopharmaceutical technologies (IBCH RAS) and Engelhardt Institute of Molecular Biology of the Russian Academy of Sciences synthesized a new series of flexible 5′-norcarbocyclic aza/deaza-purine nucleoside analogs and evaluated as potential inhibitors of E. coli purine nucleoside phosphorylase.
- science news Positively charged black hole quencher (BHQ) derivatives as external SERS active responsive elements of biosensors
Scientists from the Group of molecular tools for living system studies (IBCh RAS), Department of chemistry of Natural Compounds (Faculty of Chemistry, MSU) and Osipyan Institute of Solid State Physics, together with the Laboratory of Molecular Design and Synthesis (IBCh RAS), have developed external SERS-active responsive elements based on positively charged black hole quencher (BHQ) derivatives.
- science news Lignans as Pharmacological Agents in Disorders Related to Oxidative Stress and Inflammation: Chemical Synthesis Approaches and Biological Activities
Plant lignans are active components of many herbs, which makes them the research objects for therapeutic agents development for practical use. They provide diverse naturally-occurring pharmacophores, which allows them to interact with various enzymes, receptors, ion channels and signaling molecules.
- science news "Molecular Brain" seminar, Epilepsy and channelopathies: from molecular mechanisms to the clinic and back
September 22 (This event is over)
The seminar will take place on September 22 at 16:00 in the Minor hall. Three presentations will focus on the current understanding of epilepsy and channelopathies and will consider various aspects: molecular and physiological mechanisms, as well as approaches to therapy. Everyone is cordially invited!
- science news Seminar “Molecular brain”: Allan Kalueff
May 12 (This event is over)Комментарии: 1
Seminar “Molecular brain” resumes its work after the long delay caused by pandemic of new coronavirus infection. However, all the people who are liking to listen lectures on-line, can participate via zoom-translation (link). The seminar will be held on the 12th of May at 3 pm in the Small lecture hall (3rd floor, BON, IBCh). Everyone is welcome!
- science news Gene therapy 2.0: AAV beyond monogenic gene correction
February 4–5 (This event is over)
Founding and managing partner of 4BIO Capital - Dmitry Kuzmin - will make a presentation in conference room 04 Februry 2022 at 15:00
- science news Lipids 2021 Conference
October 11–13, 2021 (This event is over)
Lipids 2021 Conference, October 11-13, 2021, IBCH RAS, Moscow
- science news "Molecular Brain" seminar dedicated to Eugene Grishin’s 75th anniversary
April 27, 2021 (This event is over)
The open seminar of the Department of Molecular Neurobiology will take place on April 27 at 11:00 in the Great Assembly Hall. The program includes presentations by colleagues, students, friends and associates of Eugene Grishin. We cordially invite everyone interested in modern work in the field of toxins, ion channels and neurobiology! Live broadcast in Zoom.
- conferences International School "Molecular mechanisms of neurodegenerative diseases"
November 26, 2020 (This event is over)
Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (MIPT) invites you to take part in the International school for young scientists "Molecular mechanisms of neurodegenerative diseases", which will be held on November 26, 2020 online.
- science news Lecture by Director-General of the ICGEB Lawrence Banks «Human Papillomaviruses: From Infectious Entry to Malignancy»
January 27, 2020 (This event is over)
ICGEB Director-General Group Leader Lawrence Banks will deliver a lecture entitled «Human Papillomaviruses: From Infectious Entry to Malignancy». Date and time: Mon 27 January 2020 14:00. Location: Small conference hall at 3rd floor BON IBCh.
- science news LIGHTS ON: Molecular Imaging of disease dynamics in vivo
September 27 October 11, 2019 (This event is over)
Abhijit De PhD Scientific Officer ‘F’ and Principal Investigator Head, Molecular Functional Imaging Lab Advanced Centre of Training Research and Education in Cancer, Tata Memorial Centre, Kharghar, Navi Mumbai, India.
- science news Seminar "Molecular Brain": Anton Maximov
October 8, 2019 (This event is over)
The seminar will be held on the 8th of October at 3 pm in the Small lecture hall (3rd floor, BON, IBCh). Everyone is welcome!
- conferences II Joint Life Sciences Forum: VI Russian Congress on Biochemistry and IX Russian Symposium «Proteins and Peptides»
October 1–6, 2019 (This event is over)
Dear Colleagues! We are pleasure to invite you to participate the VI Russian Congress on Biochemistry, which will be held in Sochi, Russia (Dagomys Hotel) on October 1-6, 2019.