- science news Investigation of long-term fate of magnetic nanoparticles in mice
Scientists from Laboratory of molecular immunology of IBCh RAS performed first broad comprehensive study of factors which influence degradation rate of magnetic particles in mammals. For this aim magnetic spectral approach was developed, allowing non-invasive and quantitative measurement of magnetic particles in mice without influence of biogenic iron. Researchers studied the key factors that determine the degradation rate of nanoparticles: particle dose, size, zeta potential, type of polymer coating and internal architecture of nanoagents. The revealed deeper insights into the particle degradation in vivo may facilitate rational design of theranostic nanoparticles with predictable long-term fate in vivo. The work was published in ACS Nano.
- conferences Conference "Pathological changes in the central nervous system. From model to the patient."
- funds FEBS Excellence Awards
Please note that applications for the new FEBS Excellence Awards are now open (from 1st June) and will close on 1st September. The online application system is here: https://fellowships.febs.org/ea_2021 and full details can be found on the FEBS website here: https://www.febs.org/our-activities/fellowships/febs-excellence-awards/. FEBS Excellence Awards are intended to support research projects in the molecular life sciences from early-career group leaders. They are granted over three years and amount to €100,000.
- science news Complex-dependent histone acetyltransferase activity of KAT8 determines its role in transcription and cellular homeostasis
International research team together with researchers from IBCh RAS studied molecular mechanisms of histone acetyltransferase KAT8 activity. The enzyme regulates DNA compactization and gene transcription regulation by acetylation of histone H4 and is essential for cell viability. The results are published in the journal Molecular Cell.
- science news 2021 research grants
In 2021, we are offering a series of research grants to stimulate innovative research in challenging areas of future importance. Grants of 40,000 € - 450,000 € per year for up to 3 years are available in the areas as further specified below. More info - researchgrants.merckgroup.com.
- science news Conformational changes in the receptor tyrosine kinase IRR during activation were determined
Researchers of the Laboratory of Receptor Cell Biology IBCh RAS together with colleagues from the IPCE RAS and IC RAS carried out a study of the IRR structure by atomic force microscopy and small-angle X-ray scattering. The conformations of the receptor in the active and inactive states have been determined; on the basis of the obtained data, an activation mechanism has been proposed.
- science news The role of natural mutations of the human protein SLURP-1 in the pathogenesis of Mal de Meleda skin disease has been determined
Mal de Meleda (MDM) is recessively inherited palmoplantar keratoderma associated with mutations in a gene encoding SLURP-1 protein. SLURP-1 is a paracrine regulator of keratinocyte homeostasis interacting with the α7 type nicotinic acetylcholine receptor (α7-nAChR). This receptor participates in control of growth, terminal differentiation, apoptosis and cornification of keratinocytes. Dysregulation of the α7-nAChR function due to SLURP-1 deficiency or point mutations of this protein may underlie MDM pathogenesis.
- science news Genomic DNA i-motifs as fast sensors responsive to near-physiological pH microchanges
Researchers from Federal Research and Clinical Center of Physical-Chemical medicine and Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry RAS, in collaboration with Skolkovo University of Science and Technology and D.Mendeleev University of Chemical Technology of Russia developed simple and robust sensors for detecting microchanges in intracellular pH.
- science news From cytoskeleton to pluripotency: a new mechanism for regulating stem status of the embryonic cells
November 17, 2020
Researchers from the Laboratory of Molecular Bases of Embryogenesis (Shemyakin-Ovchinnikov Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry RAS), in technical cooperation with colleagues from the Department of Metabolism and Redox Biology (Shemyakin-Ovchinnikov Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry RAS), the Laboratory of Genomics and Epigenomics of Vertebrates in the Federal Center "Fundamentals of Biotechnology" RAS, as well as with colleagues from the Cell Motility Group of the Institute of Protein Research RAS, discovered a previously unknown mechanism of the regulation of the activity of genes that determine the pluripotent status of the embryonic stem cells.
- science news Dual Targeting of Cancer Cells with DARPin-Based Toxins for Overcoming Tumor Escape
November 17, 2020
Researchers of the Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, IBCh RAS, in collaboration with Russian colleagues have shown that the strategy of targeting of anticancer toxins to two different surface antigens on the surface of a cancer cell is effective in the treatment of not only primary solid tumors, but also distant metastases.
- science news Lipids 2021 Conference
Lipids 2021 Conference, October 11-13, 2021, IBCH RAS, Moscow
- ys-ad Gene therapy 2.0: AAV beyond monogenic gene correction
June 11–23 (This event is over)
Founding and managing partner of 4BIO Capital - Dmitry Kuzmin - will make a presentation in conference room 22 June 2022 at 15:00
- science news "Molecular Brain" seminar dedicated to Eugene Grishin’s 75th anniversary
April 27 (This event is over)
The open seminar of the Department of Molecular Neurobiology will take place on April 27 at 11:00 in the Great Assembly Hall. The program includes presentations by colleagues, students, friends and associates of Eugene Grishin. We cordially invite everyone interested in modern work in the field of toxins, ion channels and neurobiology! Live broadcast in Zoom.
- conferences International School "Molecular mechanisms of neurodegenerative diseases"
November 26, 2020 (This event is over)
Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (MIPT) invites you to take part in the International school for young scientists "Molecular mechanisms of neurodegenerative diseases", which will be held on November 26, 2020 online.
- science news Lecture by Director-General of the ICGEB Lawrence Banks «Human Papillomaviruses: From Infectious Entry to Malignancy»
January 27, 2020 (This event is over)
ICGEB Director-General Group Leader Lawrence Banks will deliver a lecture entitled «Human Papillomaviruses: From Infectious Entry to Malignancy». Date and time: Mon 27 January 2020 14:00. Location: Small conference hall at 3rd floor BON IBCh.
- science news LIGHTS ON: Molecular Imaging of disease dynamics in vivo
September 27 October 11, 2019 (This event is over)
Abhijit De PhD Scientific Officer ‘F’ and Principal Investigator Head, Molecular Functional Imaging Lab Advanced Centre of Training Research and Education in Cancer, Tata Memorial Centre, Kharghar, Navi Mumbai, India.
- science news Seminar "Molecular Brain": Anton Maximov
October 8, 2019 (This event is over)
The seminar will be held on the 8th of October at 3 pm in the Small lecture hall (3rd floor, BON, IBCh). Everyone is welcome!
- conferences II Joint Life Sciences Forum: VI Russian Congress on Biochemistry and IX Russian Symposium «Proteins and Peptides»
October 1–6, 2019 (This event is over)
Dear Colleagues! We are pleasure to invite you to participate the VI Russian Congress on Biochemistry, which will be held in Sochi, Russia (Dagomys Hotel) on October 1-6, 2019.
- science news Lecture by Prof. Yibo Wang «Drug Discovery Targeting Transmembrane Protein-Protein Interactions»
August 26, 2019 (This event is over)
Prof. Yibo Wang from the Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry will deliver a lecture entitled «Drug Discovery Targeting Transmembrane Protein-Protein Interactions». Date and time: Mon 26 August 2019 11:30. Location: Conference hall at 5th floor BON IBCh.
- conferences 12th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE “BIOCATALYSIS.FUNDAMENTALS & APPLICATIONS” “BIOCATALYSIS-2019”
June 24–28, 2019 (This event is over)
Dear colleagues, The Lomonosov Moscow State University and RAS institutes, including IBCH RAS, is planning to convene a traditional biannual 12 th International Conference "BIOCATALYSIS-2019" in June, 24–28, 2019. Conference will be convened on board a ship cruising via the route St. Petersburg – Valaam – Kizhi – St. Petersburg. More info is available at http://bc2019.org/.