- science news SOX9 Protein in Pancreatic Cancer Regulates Multiple Cellular Networks in a Cell-Specific Manner
Pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma is one of the most lethal cancers worldwide. Sex-determining region Y-box protein 9 (SOX9) is upregulated in the majority of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma cases. It is hypothesized that the increased expression of pancreatic developmental factor SOX9 is necessary for the formation and maintenance of tumor phenotypes in pancreatic cancer cells.
- science news Therapeutic efficacy of antibody-drug conjugates targeting GD2-positive tumors
Both ganglioside GD2-specific immunotherapy and antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), as a class of targeted drugs, have demonstrated clinical success as solid tumor therapies in recent years, yet practically no research has been carried out on ADCs directed to ganglioside GD2. In a new study, scientists from the Department of immunology at IBCh RAS in collaboration with colleagues from other Russian institutes for the first time show that clinically relevant anti-GD2 antibody-drug conjugates manifest potent and highly selective cytotoxicity in a wide panel of cell lines with varying GD2 expression and strongly inhibit tumor growth in mouse models of GD2-positive solid cancer.
- science news Synthesis of New 5ʹ-Norcarbocyclic Aza/Deaza Purine Fleximers - Noncompetitive Inhibitors of E.coli Purine Nucleoside Phosphorylase
Scientists from the Laboratory of biosynthesis of physiologically active compounds and Laboratory of biopharmaceutical technologies (IBCH RAS) and Engelhardt Institute of Molecular Biology of the Russian Academy of Sciences synthesized a new series of flexible 5′-norcarbocyclic aza/deaza-purine nucleoside analogs and evaluated as potential inhibitors of E. coli purine nucleoside phosphorylase.
- science news Positively charged black hole quencher (BHQ) derivatives as external SERS active responsive elements of biosensors
Scientists from the Group of molecular tools for living system studies (IBCh RAS), Department of chemistry of Natural Compounds (Faculty of Chemistry, MSU) and Osipyan Institute of Solid State Physics, together with the Laboratory of Molecular Design and Synthesis (IBCh RAS), have developed external SERS-active responsive elements based on positively charged black hole quencher (BHQ) derivatives.
- science news Lignans as Pharmacological Agents in Disorders Related to Oxidative Stress and Inflammation: Chemical Synthesis Approaches and Biological Activities
Plant lignans are active components of many herbs, which makes them the research objects for therapeutic agents development for practical use. They provide diverse naturally-occurring pharmacophores, which allows them to interact with various enzymes, receptors, ion channels and signaling molecules.
- science news Streptocinnamides A and B, Depsipeptides from Streptomyces sp. KMM 9044
A new structural group of antibiotics produced by a new strain Streptomyces sp. KMM 9044 was discovered as a result of teamwork of scientists from the Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry (IBCh RAS) and the Elyakov Pacific Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry (TIBOCh RAS).
- science news Capsule-Targeting Depolymerases Derived from Acinetobacter baumannii Prophage Regions
A team of scientists from the Laboratory of molecular bioengineering IBCh RAS together with the colleagues from other Russian Institutes bioinformatically predicted and recombinantly produced several different depolymerases encoded in the prophage regions of Acinetobacter baumannii genomes. For two depolymerases, the specificity to capsular polysaccharides (CPSs) of A. baumannii belonging to K1 and K92 capsular types (K types) was determined. These enzymes can be considered as suitable candidates for the development of new antibacterials against corresponding A. baumannii K types.
- science news Evolution of Phage Tail Sheath Protein
A team of scientists from the Laboratory of molecular bioengineering IBCh RAS analysed 112 contractile phage tail sheath proteins (TShP) representing different groups of bacteriophages and archaeal viruses with myoviral morphology have been modelled with the novel machine learning software, AlphaFold 2. The common core domain of all studied sheath proteins, including viral and T6SS proteins, comprised both N-terminal and C-terminal parts, whereas the other parts consisted of one or several moderately conserved domains, presumably added during phage evolution.
- science news Heterogeneity of the GFP fitness landscape and data-driven protein design
Understanding the relationship between genotype and phenotype, the fitness landscape, elucidates the fundamental laws of heredity (Canale et al. 2018) and may ultimately create novel methods of protein design (Alley et al. 2019). The fitness landscape is often conceptualised as a multidimensional surface (Kondrashov and Kondrashov, 2015) with one dimension representing fitness, or another phenotype, and the other dimensions each representing a genotype’s locus.
- science news Synthesis of 2-chloropurine ribosides with chiral amino acid amides at C6 and their evaluation as A1 adenosine receptor agonists
The team of scientists from the Department of biotechnology and the Laboratory of structural biology of ion channels IBCh RAS synthesized a series of adenosine analogs as purine ribonucleosides bearing amino acid amides at the C6 position of 2-chloropurine.
- science news Seminar “Molecular brain”: Allan Kalueff
May 12 (This event is over)Комментарии: 1
Seminar “Molecular brain” resumes its work after the long delay caused by pandemic of new coronavirus infection. However, all the people who are liking to listen lectures on-line, can participate via zoom-translation (link). The seminar will be held on the 12th of May at 3 pm in the Small lecture hall (3rd floor, BON, IBCh). Everyone is welcome!
- science news Gene therapy 2.0: AAV beyond monogenic gene correction
February 4–5 (This event is over)
Founding and managing partner of 4BIO Capital - Dmitry Kuzmin - will make a presentation in conference room 04 Februry 2022 at 15:00
- science news Lipids 2021 Conference
October 11–13, 2021 (This event is over)
Lipids 2021 Conference, October 11-13, 2021, IBCH RAS, Moscow
- science news "Molecular Brain" seminar dedicated to Eugene Grishin’s 75th anniversary
April 27, 2021 (This event is over)
The open seminar of the Department of Molecular Neurobiology will take place on April 27 at 11:00 in the Great Assembly Hall. The program includes presentations by colleagues, students, friends and associates of Eugene Grishin. We cordially invite everyone interested in modern work in the field of toxins, ion channels and neurobiology! Live broadcast in Zoom.
- conferences International School "Molecular mechanisms of neurodegenerative diseases"
November 26, 2020 (This event is over)
Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (MIPT) invites you to take part in the International school for young scientists "Molecular mechanisms of neurodegenerative diseases", which will be held on November 26, 2020 online.
- science news Lecture by Director-General of the ICGEB Lawrence Banks «Human Papillomaviruses: From Infectious Entry to Malignancy»
January 27, 2020 (This event is over)
ICGEB Director-General Group Leader Lawrence Banks will deliver a lecture entitled «Human Papillomaviruses: From Infectious Entry to Malignancy». Date and time: Mon 27 January 2020 14:00. Location: Small conference hall at 3rd floor BON IBCh.
- science news LIGHTS ON: Molecular Imaging of disease dynamics in vivo
September 27 October 11, 2019 (This event is over)
Abhijit De PhD Scientific Officer ‘F’ and Principal Investigator Head, Molecular Functional Imaging Lab Advanced Centre of Training Research and Education in Cancer, Tata Memorial Centre, Kharghar, Navi Mumbai, India.
- science news Seminar "Molecular Brain": Anton Maximov
October 8, 2019 (This event is over)
The seminar will be held on the 8th of October at 3 pm in the Small lecture hall (3rd floor, BON, IBCh). Everyone is welcome!
- conferences II Joint Life Sciences Forum: VI Russian Congress on Biochemistry and IX Russian Symposium «Proteins and Peptides»
October 1–6, 2019 (This event is over)
Dear Colleagues! We are pleasure to invite you to participate the VI Russian Congress on Biochemistry, which will be held in Sochi, Russia (Dagomys Hotel) on October 1-6, 2019.
- science news Lecture by Prof. Yibo Wang «Drug Discovery Targeting Transmembrane Protein-Protein Interactions»
August 26, 2019 (This event is over)
Prof. Yibo Wang from the Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry will deliver a lecture entitled «Drug Discovery Targeting Transmembrane Protein-Protein Interactions». Date and time: Mon 26 August 2019 11:30. Location: Conference hall at 5th floor BON IBCh.