- science news Mechanism of coelenterazine chromophore photoinactivation from Beroe abissycola photoprotein is proposed
Scientists from IBCh RAS with colleagues from Photobiology Lab (IBP SB RAS) elucidated the structures of Beroe abissycola photoprotein’s chromophore photoinactivation products and proposed a mechanism of the photoinactivation process. The similarity of chemical transformations of photoprotein and GFP-like fluorescent protein chromophores was demonstrated for the first time. The results are published in Organic Letters. The project was funded by the RScF grant № 17-14-01169p.
- science news Essential role of zinc ions in TLR1 receptor activation
Toll-like receptors are the key players of the innate immune response. Despite the numerous studies and huge amount of data regarding these proteins, the structural basis of their functioning has not yet been clearly elucidated. Scientists from IBCh RAS, together with their colleagues from Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology and Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry (China) discovered the essential role of zinc in the functioning of Toll-like receptor 1 and proposed possible mechanisms of zinc-mediated receptor activation. The work was funded by the RFBR grant 20-34-70024 and published in Communications Biology.
- science news New structural data allowed to study the mechanism of thermal activation of thermosensitive ion channels of the TRP family
Scientists from the Laboratory of biomolecular modeling of the IBCh RAS, together with colleagues from Columbia University (New York, USA), the University of Illinois (Peoria, USA), and the Institute of Physiology of the Czech Academy of Sciences (Prague, Czech Republic), have revealed the structural mechanism of heat-induced opening of temperature-sensitive TRP channels.
- science news Investigation of long-term fate of magnetic nanoparticles in mice
Scientists from Laboratory of molecular immunology of IBCh RAS performed first broad comprehensive study of factors which influence degradation rate of magnetic particles in mammals. For this aim magnetic spectral approach was developed, allowing non-invasive and quantitative measurement of magnetic particles in mice without influence of biogenic iron. Researchers studied the key factors that determine the degradation rate of nanoparticles: particle dose, size, zeta potential, type of polymer coating and internal architecture of nanoagents. The revealed deeper insights into the particle degradation in vivo may facilitate rational design of theranostic nanoparticles with predictable long-term fate in vivo. The work was published in ACS Nano.
- conferences Conference "Pathological changes in the central nervous system. From model to the patient."
- funds FEBS Excellence Awards
Please note that applications for the new FEBS Excellence Awards are now open (from 1st June) and will close on 1st September. The online application system is here: https://fellowships.febs.org/ea_2021 and full details can be found on the FEBS website here: https://www.febs.org/our-activities/fellowships/febs-excellence-awards/. FEBS Excellence Awards are intended to support research projects in the molecular life sciences from early-career group leaders. They are granted over three years and amount to €100,000.
- science news Complex-dependent histone acetyltransferase activity of KAT8 determines its role in transcription and cellular homeostasis
International research team together with researchers from IBCh RAS studied molecular mechanisms of histone acetyltransferase KAT8 activity. The enzyme regulates DNA compactization and gene transcription regulation by acetylation of histone H4 and is essential for cell viability. The results are published in the journal Molecular Cell.
- science news 2021 research grants
In 2021, we are offering a series of research grants to stimulate innovative research in challenging areas of future importance. Grants of 40,000 € - 450,000 € per year for up to 3 years are available in the areas as further specified below. More info - researchgrants.merckgroup.com.
- science news Conformational changes in the receptor tyrosine kinase IRR during activation were determined
Researchers of the Laboratory of Receptor Cell Biology IBCh RAS together with colleagues from the IPCE RAS and IC RAS carried out a study of the IRR structure by atomic force microscopy and small-angle X-ray scattering. The conformations of the receptor in the active and inactive states have been determined; on the basis of the obtained data, an activation mechanism has been proposed.
- science news The role of natural mutations of the human protein SLURP-1 in the pathogenesis of Mal de Meleda skin disease has been determined
Mal de Meleda (MDM) is recessively inherited palmoplantar keratoderma associated with mutations in a gene encoding SLURP-1 protein. SLURP-1 is a paracrine regulator of keratinocyte homeostasis interacting with the α7 type nicotinic acetylcholine receptor (α7-nAChR). This receptor participates in control of growth, terminal differentiation, apoptosis and cornification of keratinocytes. Dysregulation of the α7-nAChR function due to SLURP-1 deficiency or point mutations of this protein may underlie MDM pathogenesis.
- science news Lipids 2021 Conference
Lipids 2021 Conference, October 11-13, 2021, IBCH RAS, Moscow
- ys-ad Gene therapy 2.0: AAV beyond monogenic gene correction
June 11–23 (This event is over)
Founding and managing partner of 4BIO Capital - Dmitry Kuzmin - will make a presentation in conference room 22 June 2022 at 15:00
- science news "Molecular Brain" seminar dedicated to Eugene Grishin’s 75th anniversary
April 27 (This event is over)
The open seminar of the Department of Molecular Neurobiology will take place on April 27 at 11:00 in the Great Assembly Hall. The program includes presentations by colleagues, students, friends and associates of Eugene Grishin. We cordially invite everyone interested in modern work in the field of toxins, ion channels and neurobiology! Live broadcast in Zoom.
- conferences International School "Molecular mechanisms of neurodegenerative diseases"
November 26, 2020 (This event is over)
Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (MIPT) invites you to take part in the International school for young scientists "Molecular mechanisms of neurodegenerative diseases", which will be held on November 26, 2020 online.
- science news Lecture by Director-General of the ICGEB Lawrence Banks «Human Papillomaviruses: From Infectious Entry to Malignancy»
January 27, 2020 (This event is over)
ICGEB Director-General Group Leader Lawrence Banks will deliver a lecture entitled «Human Papillomaviruses: From Infectious Entry to Malignancy». Date and time: Mon 27 January 2020 14:00. Location: Small conference hall at 3rd floor BON IBCh.
- science news LIGHTS ON: Molecular Imaging of disease dynamics in vivo
September 27 October 11, 2019 (This event is over)
Abhijit De PhD Scientific Officer ‘F’ and Principal Investigator Head, Molecular Functional Imaging Lab Advanced Centre of Training Research and Education in Cancer, Tata Memorial Centre, Kharghar, Navi Mumbai, India.
- science news Seminar "Molecular Brain": Anton Maximov
October 8, 2019 (This event is over)
The seminar will be held on the 8th of October at 3 pm in the Small lecture hall (3rd floor, BON, IBCh). Everyone is welcome!
- conferences II Joint Life Sciences Forum: VI Russian Congress on Biochemistry and IX Russian Symposium «Proteins and Peptides»
October 1–6, 2019 (This event is over)
Dear Colleagues! We are pleasure to invite you to participate the VI Russian Congress on Biochemistry, which will be held in Sochi, Russia (Dagomys Hotel) on October 1-6, 2019.
- science news Lecture by Prof. Yibo Wang «Drug Discovery Targeting Transmembrane Protein-Protein Interactions»
August 26, 2019 (This event is over)
Prof. Yibo Wang from the Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry will deliver a lecture entitled «Drug Discovery Targeting Transmembrane Protein-Protein Interactions». Date and time: Mon 26 August 2019 11:30. Location: Conference hall at 5th floor BON IBCh.
- conferences 12th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE “BIOCATALYSIS.FUNDAMENTALS & APPLICATIONS” “BIOCATALYSIS-2019”
June 24–28, 2019 (This event is over)
Dear colleagues, The Lomonosov Moscow State University and RAS institutes, including IBCH RAS, is planning to convene a traditional biannual 12 th International Conference "BIOCATALYSIS-2019" in June, 24–28, 2019. Conference will be convened on board a ship cruising via the route St. Petersburg – Valaam – Kizhi – St. Petersburg. More info is available at http://bc2019.org/.