Fedor V. Shirshikov
Technically qualified laboratory assistant (Laboratory of molecular bioengineering)
My major is microbiology and molecular biology. My hobby are sciences, such as biology and organic chemistry, but also I like a mountine bike, typographics, graphic design of posters and logos. I can to create the handmade covers on books. During approximately 6 years I was in the boxing school. I was studied at the Secondary School № 43 in Kazan and the School of Arts № 2.
Read more about me here.
|Period||Country, city||Education institution||Additional info|
|2007–2012||Russia, Kazan||Kazan University||Diploma with Honors in Microbiology|
Microbiology; molecular biology; structural bioinformatics.
Awards & honors
- The Special State Scholarship of the Government of the Russian Federation.
- The Special State Scholarship of the Republic of Tatarstan.
- Margarita I. Belyaeva Honorary Scholarship for Microbiologists of Kazan University.
Main scientific results
- Primer set for detection of Dickeya plant pathogens using loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP);
- Development of software for screening of target genes and designing specific primers using multiple sequence alignment of ortologous nucleotide sequences;
- Discovery of new plant pathogen genomospecies "Candidatus Pectobacterium maceratum", which able to disseminate using associative symbiosis with fruit flies Drosophila;
- It was discovered that some cytotoxic ribonucleases contain a hydrophobic segment, which is capable of thermodynamically favorable interaction with a lipid bilayer;
- It was shown that Leu-32 can play a key role for the dimerization of binase;
- The new theory of the cytosolic internalization of toxic ribonucleases comprising a hydrophobic segment was proposed.
Scientific societies membership
- The Russian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
- The Federation of European Biochemical Societies.