- science news Capsule-Targeting Depolymerases Derived from Acinetobacter baumannii Prophage Regions
A team of scientists from the Laboratory of molecular bioengineering IBCh RAS together with the colleagues from other Russian Institutes bioinformatically predicted and recombinantly produced several different depolymerases encoded in the prophage regions of Acinetobacter baumannii genomes. For two depolymerases, the specificity to capsular polysaccharides (CPSs) of A. baumannii belonging to K1 and K92 capsular types (K types) was determined. These enzymes can be considered as suitable candidates for the development of new antibacterials against corresponding A. baumannii K types.
- science news Evolution of Phage Tail Sheath Protein
A team of scientists from the Laboratory of molecular bioengineering IBCh RAS analysed 112 contractile phage tail sheath proteins (TShP) representing different groups of bacteriophages and archaeal viruses with myoviral morphology have been modelled with the novel machine learning software, AlphaFold 2. The common core domain of all studied sheath proteins, including viral and T6SS proteins, comprised both N-terminal and C-terminal parts, whereas the other parts consisted of one or several moderately conserved domains, presumably added during phage evolution.
- science news Heterogeneity of the GFP fitness landscape and data-driven protein design
Understanding the relationship between genotype and phenotype, the fitness landscape, elucidates the fundamental laws of heredity (Canale et al. 2018) and may ultimately create novel methods of protein design (Alley et al. 2019). The fitness landscape is often conceptualised as a multidimensional surface (Kondrashov and Kondrashov, 2015) with one dimension representing fitness, or another phenotype, and the other dimensions each representing a genotype’s locus.
- science news Synthesis of 2-chloropurine ribosides with chiral amino acid amides at C6 and their evaluation as A1 adenosine receptor agonists
The team of scientists from the Department of biotechnology and the Laboratory of structural biology of ion channels IBCh RAS synthesized a series of adenosine analogs as purine ribonucleosides bearing amino acid amides at the C6 position of 2-chloropurine.
- science news Сytoskeleton protein Zyxin inhibits retinoic acid signaling by destabilizing maternal mRNA of nuclear receptor RXRγ
In a new study, researchers from the Laboratory of molecular bases of embryogenesis, Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, demonstrated the versatility of the previously discovered mechanism of maternal genes mRNA destabilization caused by an interaction between the cytoskeletal protein Zyxin and the mRNA-binding factor Ybx1, showing that the same mechanism governs the retinoic acid signaling pathway during early embryonic development.
- administration Vadim Tikhonovich Ivanov has passed away
An outstanding scientist, director of the IBCh RAS, winner of many awards, professor, academician Vadim Tikhonovich Ivanov has passed away on Friday, 8 April 2022.
- administration IBCH RAS mourns passing of Sidney Altman
An outstanding scientist, a laureate of Rosenstiel Award (1988) and Nobel prize in chemistry (1989), Sterling Professor of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology at Yale University and a member of the International Advisory Board of the IBCh RAS, Sidney Altman passed away on April 5, 2022 at the age of 82. He made a fundamental contribution to the biological and medical sciences. The staff and administration of the IBCh RAS express their sincere condolences to the family, friends and colleagues of Sidney Altman.
- science news Genetically-encoded BRET-activated photodynamic therapy for the treatment of deep-seated tumors
Being targeted to tumor cells, genetically-encoded NanoLuc-miniSOG construct generates internal light source and sensitizer pair, which makes possible PDT effect under BRET activation to treat tumors at virtually unlimited depth.
- science news Estimation of copy number variability from the high-throughput sequencing data
Traditionally, cytogenetic and molecular cytogenetic methods are used to detect chromosomal abnormalities. With the development of sequencing technologies, new approaches have become available to identify structural variations ranging from 50 bp. Researchers from the Laboratory of Molecular Oncology of Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry of the Russian Academy of Sciences and the Federal Research and Clinical Center of Physical-Chemical Medicine of Federal Medical Biological Agency developed an approach for construction of CNV validation set at the exon level and evaluated the efficiency of CNV calling tools designed for whole exome sequencing data.
- science news 7,8-Dihydro-8-oxo-1,N6-ethenoadenine: an exclusively Hoogsteen-paired thymine mimic in DNA that induces A→T transversions in Escherichia coli
Scientists from the Group of molecular tools for living system studies and Laboratory of molecular diagnostics (IBCH) together with the colleagues from Skoltech, the Federal Research Center for Physical and Chemical Medicine, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (USA) and Instituto de Química-Física Rocasolano (Spain) has developed a DNA modification, 7,8-dihydro-8-oxo-1,N6-ethenoadenine (oxo-ϵA), a non-natural synthetic base that combines structural features of two naturally occurring DNA lesions (7,8-dihydro-8-oxoadenine and 1,N6-ethenoadenine).
- science news Seminar “Molecular brain”: Allan Kalueff
May 12 (This event is over)Комментарии: 1
Seminar “Molecular brain” resumes its work after the long delay caused by pandemic of new coronavirus infection. However, all the people who are liking to listen lectures on-line, can participate via zoom-translation (link). The seminar will be held on the 12th of May at 3 pm in the Small lecture hall (3rd floor, BON, IBCh). Everyone is welcome!
- science news Gene therapy 2.0: AAV beyond monogenic gene correction
February 4–5 (This event is over)
Founding and managing partner of 4BIO Capital - Dmitry Kuzmin - will make a presentation in conference room 04 Februry 2022 at 15:00
- science news Lipids 2021 Conference
October 11–13, 2021 (This event is over)
Lipids 2021 Conference, October 11-13, 2021, IBCH RAS, Moscow
- science news "Molecular Brain" seminar dedicated to Eugene Grishin’s 75th anniversary
April 27, 2021 (This event is over)
The open seminar of the Department of Molecular Neurobiology will take place on April 27 at 11:00 in the Great Assembly Hall. The program includes presentations by colleagues, students, friends and associates of Eugene Grishin. We cordially invite everyone interested in modern work in the field of toxins, ion channels and neurobiology! Live broadcast in Zoom.
- conferences International School "Molecular mechanisms of neurodegenerative diseases"
November 26, 2020 (This event is over)
Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (MIPT) invites you to take part in the International school for young scientists "Molecular mechanisms of neurodegenerative diseases", which will be held on November 26, 2020 online.
- science news Lecture by Director-General of the ICGEB Lawrence Banks «Human Papillomaviruses: From Infectious Entry to Malignancy»
January 27, 2020 (This event is over)
ICGEB Director-General Group Leader Lawrence Banks will deliver a lecture entitled «Human Papillomaviruses: From Infectious Entry to Malignancy». Date and time: Mon 27 January 2020 14:00. Location: Small conference hall at 3rd floor BON IBCh.
- science news LIGHTS ON: Molecular Imaging of disease dynamics in vivo
September 27 October 11, 2019 (This event is over)
Abhijit De PhD Scientific Officer ‘F’ and Principal Investigator Head, Molecular Functional Imaging Lab Advanced Centre of Training Research and Education in Cancer, Tata Memorial Centre, Kharghar, Navi Mumbai, India.
- science news Seminar "Molecular Brain": Anton Maximov
October 8, 2019 (This event is over)
The seminar will be held on the 8th of October at 3 pm in the Small lecture hall (3rd floor, BON, IBCh). Everyone is welcome!
- conferences II Joint Life Sciences Forum: VI Russian Congress on Biochemistry and IX Russian Symposium «Proteins and Peptides»
October 1–6, 2019 (This event is over)
Dear Colleagues! We are pleasure to invite you to participate the VI Russian Congress on Biochemistry, which will be held in Sochi, Russia (Dagomys Hotel) on October 1-6, 2019.
- science news Lecture by Prof. Yibo Wang «Drug Discovery Targeting Transmembrane Protein-Protein Interactions»
August 26, 2019 (This event is over)
Prof. Yibo Wang from the Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry will deliver a lecture entitled «Drug Discovery Targeting Transmembrane Protein-Protein Interactions». Date and time: Mon 26 August 2019 11:30. Location: Conference hall at 5th floor BON IBCh.