- science news Redox differences between neonatal and adult cardiomyocytes under hypoxia
It is a known fact that oxidative stress plays a key role in the pathogenesis of coronary heart disease. However, why do neonatal cardiomyocytes exhibit greater resistance to hypoxia compared to adult cell types?
- science news Venom-gland transcriptomics and venom proteomics of the Tibellus oblongus spider
The Scientific Data journal published the paper “Transcriptomics of Venom Glands and Proteomics of Venom of the Spider Tibellus Oblongus,” which describes a comprehensive study of the venom of the Central Asian spider. As a result of the analysis of the transcriptome of the venom glands and the venom proteome, more than 200 new peptide molecules were discovered, including both toxins with a classical organization and with unique structural motifs.
- science news Open AccessArticle Galectin-9 as a Potential Modulator of Lymphocyte Adhesion to Endothelium via Binding to Blood Group H Glycan
Adhesion of leukocytes is a key stage in their trafficking into sites of inflammation. This process is mediated through the interaction of integrins, selectins or CD44, while the role of galectins is not completely clear. It is known that galectins are capable of interacting with oligolactosamines of endothelial cells, and also that in vitro tandem-type galectins (Gal-4, -8 and -9) bind with high affinity to glycans of the ABH blood group system. This work shows that in a cell lines system gal-9 mediates lymphocyte adhesion to endothelial cells through binding to their H-glycan, suggesting that lymphocyte adhesion to endothelium in the circulation occurs similarly and is regulated by the level of galectin-9 expression.
- science news Fractal droplets
Biological polymers (proteins, nucleic acids and their mixtures) are able to form macromolecular complexes in solution, which at a certain saturating concertation of a polymer grow in size and when crossing the diffraction limit (0.25 µm) become visible under the microscope. Such microscopically observed spherical liquid-like formations have various naming depending on a context such as: «coacervate droplets», biomolecular condensates, etc. Although these polymer droplets (especially proteinaceous) gained numerous attentions of scientist during the last century, e. g. as potential «protocells» in «the primordial soup» according to the life-origin hypothesis by Alexander Oparin, active studies of their functional roles in the living cells flourished in the recent decades.
- science news WINEGRET: а method for Wide-scale Identification of Novel and Eliminated Genes Responsible for Evolutionary Transformations
Scientists from the Laboratory of Molecular Bases of Embryogenesis at the Shemyakin-Ovchinnikov Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, in collaboration with researchers from the Kharkevich Institute for Problems of Information Transmission, Russian Academy of Sciences, have pioneered a method for wide-scale identification of genes whose loss or emergence during evolution correlates with the disappearance or emergence of distinct phenotypic or physiological traits.
- science news Hyperglycemia exacerbates ischemic stroke not through increased generation of hydrogen peroxide
Diabetes is one of the significant risk factors for ischemic stroke. Hyperglycemia exacerbates the pathogenesis of stroke, leading to more extensive cerebral damage. It is logical to assume that more extensive tissue damage during ischemia should somehow correlate with the severity of oxidative stress.
- science news New chaotropic mixtures simplify the genomic DNA preparation from fungi for PCR use
Researchers from the Laboratory of neuroreceptors and neuroregulators of IBCh RAS have improved the method of genomic DNA preparation from fungi for PCR diagnostics.
- science news Role of energy transfer in a nanoinitiator complex for upconversion-driven polymerization
The researchers from the Laboratory of Polymers for Biology, Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry RAS, together with colleagues from the Federal Scientific Research Center «Crystallography and Photonics» RAS and other institutes, have demonstrated an effective strategy for the polymerization of photocurable compositions (PCC) using a nanoinitiator based on upconversion nanoparticles (UCNPs), activated by near infrared (NIR) light.
- science news Classification of snake venoms using Raman spectroscopy
Scientists from the Department of Molecular Neuroimmune Signaling of the Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry RAS, together with colleagues from the Prokhorov General Physics Institute RAS conducted a study of various snake venoms using Raman spectroscopy and demonstrated the applicability of this method to the analysis of such complex biomolecular mixtures as venoms.
- science news Total synthesis of racemic thieno[3,2-f]thiochromene tricarboxylate, a luciferin from marine polychaete Odontosyllis undecimdonta
The researchers from the Laboratory of Chemistry of Metabolic Pathways in collaboration with colleagues from other department of IBCh RAS conducted the total synthesis of luciferin from marine polychaete Odontosyllis undecimdonta, a heterocyclic compound with a previously unknown skeleton. The research was published in Organic Letters.
- science news "Molecular Brain" seminar
September 8 (This event is over)
The seminar will take place on 08 September at 15:00 in the Minor hall. Professor Naira Ayvazyan, Director of the Orbeli Institute of Physiology of NAS RA (Yerevan, Armenia), will talk about the research conducted at this center. In particular, she will touch on the mechanisms of poisoning with snake venom. Everyone is cordially invited.
- science news "Molecular Brain" seminar, Epilepsy and channelopathies: from molecular mechanisms to the clinic and back
September 22, 2022 (This event is over)
The seminar will take place on September 22 at 16:00 in the Minor hall. Three presentations will focus on the current understanding of epilepsy and channelopathies and will consider various aspects: molecular and physiological mechanisms, as well as approaches to therapy. Everyone is cordially invited!
- science news Seminar “Molecular brain”: Allan Kalueff
May 12, 2022 (This event is over)Комментарии: 1
Seminar “Molecular brain” resumes its work after the long delay caused by pandemic of new coronavirus infection. However, all the people who are liking to listen lectures on-line, can participate via zoom-translation (link). The seminar will be held on the 12th of May at 3 pm in the Small lecture hall (3rd floor, BON, IBCh). Everyone is welcome!
- science news Gene therapy 2.0: AAV beyond monogenic gene correction
February 4–5, 2022 (This event is over)
Founding and managing partner of 4BIO Capital - Dmitry Kuzmin - will make a presentation in conference room 04 Februry 2022 at 15:00
- science news Lipids 2021 Conference
October 11–13, 2021 (This event is over)
Lipids 2021 Conference, October 11-13, 2021, IBCH RAS, Moscow
- science news "Molecular Brain" seminar dedicated to Eugene Grishin’s 75th anniversary
April 27, 2021 (This event is over)
The open seminar of the Department of Molecular Neurobiology will take place on April 27 at 11:00 in the Great Assembly Hall. The program includes presentations by colleagues, students, friends and associates of Eugene Grishin. We cordially invite everyone interested in modern work in the field of toxins, ion channels and neurobiology! Live broadcast in Zoom.
- conferences International School "Molecular mechanisms of neurodegenerative diseases"
November 26, 2020 (This event is over)
Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (MIPT) invites you to take part in the International school for young scientists "Molecular mechanisms of neurodegenerative diseases", which will be held on November 26, 2020 online.
- science news Lecture by Director-General of the ICGEB Lawrence Banks «Human Papillomaviruses: From Infectious Entry to Malignancy»
January 27, 2020 (This event is over)
ICGEB Director-General Group Leader Lawrence Banks will deliver a lecture entitled «Human Papillomaviruses: From Infectious Entry to Malignancy». Date and time: Mon 27 January 2020 14:00. Location: Small conference hall at 3rd floor BON IBCh.
- science news LIGHTS ON: Molecular Imaging of disease dynamics in vivo
September 27 October 11, 2019 (This event is over)
Abhijit De PhD Scientific Officer ‘F’ and Principal Investigator Head, Molecular Functional Imaging Lab Advanced Centre of Training Research and Education in Cancer, Tata Memorial Centre, Kharghar, Navi Mumbai, India.
- science news Seminar "Molecular Brain": Anton Maximov
October 8, 2019 (This event is over)
The seminar will be held on the 8th of October at 3 pm in the Small lecture hall (3rd floor, BON, IBCh). Everyone is welcome!